Electrical Supervisor | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent opportunity with a reputable company
- Enjoy a flexible, innovative and strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As the Electrical Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing support to Ship Managers with delivering area outputs in accordance with project plans. In addition, you will be required to organise trade resources to complete tasks efficiently and effectively whilst meeting all safety, design, quality and budget requirements.
This role will report to the Electrical Manager and be based in Henderson, WA.
Other key responsibilities will see you:
- Plan, manage and execute the delivery of production outputs to the required standard
- Monitor and manage project budgets and cost targets
- Provide input into resource planning
- Plan and manage resource requirements for production in line with deliverables, including cost and budget targets
- Improve team capability by identifying and developing team members for future opportunities
- Provide reports on production activities, including progress against plans and cost performance
- Coordinate work activities and facilitate meetings and pre-start discussions
- Provide training and use of work instructions, procedures, work steps and work orders
- Ensure team understand quality standards and work to meet or exceed these requirements
As an ideal applicant, you'll have:
- A trade qualification in electrical discipline
- WA “A” Grade Electrical Licence
- Previous experience working in a supervisory/leadership position
- Significant production experience within the heavy industrial or maritime environment
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication, problem solving, influencing and interpersonal skills
- An ability to motivate individuals and multi-disciplined teams across a number of business areas
Applications should be addressed to Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Tuesday 25th June 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and cover letter to your application.
As a Defence security clearance may be required for this role, in order to be considered applicants must be Australian citizens or Australian Permanent Residents.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.