Electrical Engineer | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your electrical engineering experience and have a positive impact influencing maritime defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the development of electrical systems and equipment for the Hydrographic Enterprise in accordance with contractual and company requirements.
Based at our Cairns site, you will be responsible for supporting the engineering team in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule. In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide electrical engineering input into the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and operation of Hydrographic ships systems.
- Provide support to the formulation of safety requirements, risk assessment and the approval and certification of ship designs to meet statutory and non-statutory requirements
- Technical management and support to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure deliveries are consistent with the project schedule and satisfy the overall technical solution
- Develop, Review and update program plans as required
- Actively participate in system safety working group meetings as required
- Act as the technical interface with the customer in relation to electrical aspects of engineering activities
- Ensure engineering processes employed are compliant with approved company processes and project specific procedures
- Ensure product integrity is maintained and engineering performance is achieved
- Assist with monitoring the technical progress of the project to ensure that no unauthorised scope is implemented
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Qualification in Electrical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- CPEng\RPEQ or eligibility to apply for CPEng\RPEQ is highly desirable
- Experience of Design Review, Installation and Commissioning of Electrical Equipment
- Systems Engineering Experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with good prioritisation skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, flexible attitude and commitment to safe work practices
- As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.