Systems Integration Team Lead - Engineering | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to work on exciting Defence industry projects and to be part of an inclusive and friendly engineering team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Integration Team Lead in our team in North Ryde, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a committed and savvy Systems Integration Team Lead to be an integral member on the Air Ground Air Transition (AGAT) communications project. This key role will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Plan, conduct, report and successfully execute systems integration activities
- Understand potential risk areas of the Air Ground Air Transition (AGAT) system design
- Establish a prototype environment/integration lab for the AGAT system
- Implement design as an integration lab, report issues and resolution into the system design team
- Prepare Set to Work, installation and checkout procedures using the defined design and qualification criteria
- Transition the integration lab into a configurable design to reflect the baseline of all sites
- Provide support to the site implementation teams
- Manage the integration schedule and budget
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive systems integration or verification and validation experience
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience undertaking Set to Work activities
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with the ability to build key relationships and influence stakeholders to generate business benefit
Whilst not essential, experience with radio frequency (RF) systems, radio systems integration experience or systems testing experience will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.