Combat Systems Integration Engineer (SWSE) | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent work life balance
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as Combat Systems Integration Engineer with our team Williamstown, Victoria.
About the Opportunity:
In this new role on our Hunter Class Frigate Program you will perform as an integral part of a technical team. The team will be responsible for the conduct of the overall Combat Systems System design activities ensuring compliance of the Combat Systems Physical Integration Design process with the Warship EMP, traceability to the requirement and overall consistency within the Warship.
Specifically, this will include:
- Working with the Combat System Engineering Managers and Technical Leaders to evolve the physical integration design of Hunter Combat System equipment
- Performing the evaluation tasks of the maturity of product data provided by suppliers into the integrated Data Management System
- Participating in technical reviews of the Combat Systems Physical Integration Design products and deliverables
- Monitoring the design process and advising of shortfalls against the Warship Engineering Management Plan and SWSE (Ships Weapon System Engineer) process plans
- Supporting the transition of design data through to stage 3 (production) design data and support to ship build problem resolution.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification with suitable experience in Combat System Engineering, including ship weapon systems engineering and physical integration
- Proficiency in ship build processes and procedures
- Provide technical support to platform and warship engineering teams
- Understanding of Combat Systems design and operation
- Professional knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes of practice
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to senior management levels
- Demonstrated ability to promote coherent engineering “Best for Project” standards
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.