Commercial Officer | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your skills in providing strategic and operational support to business units on all commercial issues
- Location Garden Island, Sydney
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
We are the Managing Contractor for the Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. Highly collaborative and agile, the program boasts of an engaging, consultative and solutions focused approach. Working on one of the most complex warship programs in Australia.
We are seeking a seasoned Commercial Officer to join our team, located at Garden Island, Sydney.
You will be responsible for providing commercial support within defined delegations to assist the project teams in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to Commercial Manager on all commercial nature issues
- Administer Head Contracts in accordance with company procedures, including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with Commercial management and Company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review Customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare Head Contract amendments and change proposals
- Support Customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals
- Provide support on major bids
- Set in place export licences and Technical Assistance Agreement
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- The ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate relevant experience in subcontract and commercial management within an defence environment
- Substantial familiarity and experience in the development and negotiation of complex defence contracts with major customers and suppliers
Whilst not essential, a degree in engineering or commercial discipline is highly regarded and a professional procurement qualification or accreditation is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.