Commercial and Subcontract Officer | NSW-North Ryde
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Commercial and Subcontract Officer to join our team in North Ryde, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, as the Commercial and Subcontract Officer, you will be responsible for providing commercial support to assist the project teams to effectively manage on-going projects and new business.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to the Project Manager, Commercial Manager and Supply Chain/Subcontracts Manager on commercial issues
- Administer BAE Systems' customer and subcontractor contracts, in accordance with company procedures, which will encompass liaison with customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Coordinate management reviews and approval of bids and proposals
- Prepare draft business arrangements for projects with the Commercial Manager and Supply Chain/Subcontracts Manager track return and execution of agreements
- Support the Commercial Manager and the Supply Chain/Subcontract Manager, with the administration of Import/Export requirements, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements for projects
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval, and assist in preparation of Request for Bid Approvals review packs
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Bachelor of Engineering, Project Management, Commerce, Law or Business Management) preferable, or demonstrated equivalent commercial experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are important to this role, along with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside the immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- An ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions in conjunction with Estimating and Pricing Managers within the function
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.