Assistant Project Manager | NSW-North Ryde
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your project management skills in this dynamic role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team, in North Ryde, New South Wales.
An attractive remuneration package is available, including ongoing mentoring programs and training plans to support your professional development and career progression. You will enjoy a flexible work-life balance whilst developing your career in a global company, with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As the Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with assigned project tasks are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements, in order to deliver the required business goals.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Establish the earned value management system and generate status reports and coordinate variance analysis and corrective action activities
- Review and approve subcontractor planning documentation and status reports
- Maintain the project risk and opportunity register, and ensure risk mitigation activities are developed and implemented
- Prepare monthly project management reports
- Generate and maintain project management plans, baselines and artefacts
- Attend and participate in all project reviews
- Manage project input required for Life Cycle Management (LCM) processes, including the coordination of LCM reviews
- Support the preparation of bids and contract change proposals
- Assist the Program Manager in the pursuit of future business opportunities
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Project management experience working within a defence project environment, paired with relevant tertiary qualifications to diploma or degree level
- An ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- An ability to negotiate with, and influence stakeholders, whilst maintaining key relationships
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Possess high literacy and numeracy skills as well as advanced MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.