Procurement and Subcontract Officer
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2019|
PROCUREMENT AND SUBCONTRACT OFFICER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Procurement and Subcontract Officer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Procurement and Subcontracts Officer to join our Wide Area Surveillance team, located at Edinburgh Parks, SA. This role will provide you with an opportunity to support in shaping and designing the supply chain process whilst working with subcontractors and suppliers.
You will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contracting arrangements with subcontractors and suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, and quality and safety requirements of the business.
You will require skills and broad knowledge across all facets of supply chain and contract management to maximize value and minimize risk to the program and more broadly, BAE Systems. An ability to develop strong working relationships with suppliers, their supply chains and internal stakeholders is required.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support the Procurement and Subcontract Manager in the commercial management of the subcontracts, through effective commercial and correspondence administration, including but not limited to milestones, claims, notices/letters, and flow down of contract amendments
- Effectively manage allocated tasks and small projects to achieve value for money for the program whilst minimizing risk relating to cost, schedule, quality and safety
- Research and develop correspondence, reports, charts/graphs, databases, and other communication material as required
- Provide timely review and/or analysis of artefacts ensuring accuracy, comprehensiveness, quality and justification as may be required
- Manage the procurement and subcontract elements of bids and tenders ensuring robust definition of requirements and commercial terms
- Effectively administer and monitor variations to the subcontracts, including the drafting of commercial/subcontract related notices
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers and subcontractors to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective, managing risks, identifying opportunities, developing and embedding the relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and strategic performance measures
- Facilitate and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and consistent business approach
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration and management
- The ability to form strong working relationships in a project environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- The ability to positively contribute to, and solve problems of a complex nature
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to show initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract negotiation
- Project management experience and excellent organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to progress issues and resolve actions within a project team environment
Tertiary qualifications in procurement, supply chain or commercial law is essential in this role.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, hotmail or similar accounts.