Systems Engineer | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your exceptional Systems engineering skills working for Australia's largest Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineer with our team in North Ryde, New South Wales.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a committed and savvy Systems Engineer to be an integral member on the Air Ground Air Transition (AGAT) communications project. This key role will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
The ideal candidate will have Full system lifecycle experience from design, implementation, set to work and sustainment.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and manage of System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.)
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Ensure that the proposed AGAT system design is cost effectively supportable
- Support the implementation team with any site specific designs, focussing primarily on design for supportability aspects
- Maintain the currency of the system design by providing the analysis required for any design trade off decisions required to be made in order to address site specific issues and updating the system design with as built data
- Undertake activities defined in the Transition Plan, to move this product from acquisition into sustainment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive systems engineering experience across the product lifecycle
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience undertaking system design, with a specific focus on supportability, and transition to support
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with the ability to build key relationships and influence stakeholders to generate business benefit
- Experience with radio frequency (RF) systems, radio systems design, integration or testing experience (although not essential it will be highly regarded.)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.