Contracts Administrator | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:|| Commercial Officer_PD17_09_G6.pdf (PDF, 215KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Permanent role supporting a key defence project
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Contract Administrator will be responsible for supporting the management of all commercial and contractual activities for the Hydrographic In-Service Support Project, based in, Cairns.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures which will encompass liaison with Customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues, including:
- Reviewing Customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Preparing and maintaining contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Preparing contract amendments and contract change proposals.
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Prepare draft business agreements for Projects in concert with the business unit Commercial Manager, and track return and execution of agreements
- Support the business unit Commercial Manager with the administration of Import/Export requirements including but not necessarily limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements for Projects
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
- Assist Commercial Manager in preparation of Request for Bid Approvals review packs
- Provide advice and assistance to project managers/ key stakeholders on all commercial matters
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience performing a commercial/contracts role with a good understanding of how a contract flows and runs
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various stakeholders in a technical environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate defence clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.