Estimating and Pricing Manager - Modelling | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Support the development of winning solutions for our customers
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Apply your talent where it counts as an Estimating & Pricing Manager with specialist skills in modelling and business analysis, in our team at Edinburgh Parks.
This key role will be responsible for managing cost and solution modelling activities including bespoke excel models, Parametric models, Operational Analysis and discrete event simulation.
The Estimating & Pricing function at BAE Systems Australia supports the development of winning solutions for our customer's tender requests, and may also be involved in a variety of activities throughout the post-contract lifecycle phase.
As the Estimating and Pricing Manager – Modelling, you will lead and promote the modelling capability throughout the BAE Systems business, liaising with key functional leadership from Engineering, Finance and Commercial.
More specifically you will:
- Lead all bid/project members on any modelling activity in support of business needs
- Review and provide feedback to bid/project subject matter experts on all modelling activities
- Provide independent review of estimating and pricing solutions by data analysis
- Provide analysis of cost risk and uncertainty in order to ensure solutions are complete while being competitive
- Produce robust pricing solutions by planning and developing the estimate build-up
- Ensure that the resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are identified to the Estimating and Pricing Business Manager – SA and Head of Estimating and Pricing
- Conduct awareness sessions throughout the business to educate staff of the advantages and uses of the Parametric Estimating capability
- Interface with the Global BAE Systems' modelling, parametric and tool user groups to share best practice
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in using technical estimating and pricing skills that may include
- Advanced Excel skills and the use of commercial modelling packages
- Parametric estimating and modelling
- Price to win
- Design for cost
- Sensitivity analysis
- Bottom-up estimating and rough order of magnitude indicative costing techniques
- Subcontractor quote validations
- Understanding of engineering development and sustainment projects
- Operational Analysis
- Data Mining
- A tertiary qualification (eg Engineering, Finance, Commerce, Mathematics) or equivalent experience in bidding related disciplines
- Strong leadership and influencing ability
- The desire to develop, mentor and coach a team of estimating and pricing specialists
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.