Associate Project Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your organisational skills in this new development project management role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an Associate Project Manager to join our team, in Canberra, ACT.
An attractive remuneration package is available, including ongoing mentoring programs and training plans to support your professional development and career progression. You will enjoy a flexible work-life balance whilst developing your career in a global company, with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As the Associate Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager to ensure that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with assigned project tasks are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements, in order to deliver the required business goals. This position is an entry level project management role that enables and develops strong baseline project management capability.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Deliver task based outcomes of low complexity and provide recommendations to the Project Manager
- Review subcontractor schedules, identify any impacts to the delivery schedule and work with the Procurement Manager and subcontractor to identify and implement corrective actions
- Review production schedules, identify any impacts to the delivery schedule and work with the Production Manager to identify and implement corrective actions
- Maintain and update the project schedule and identify any deviations
- Support the earned value measurement system, including generating status reports and coordination of variance analysis and corrective action activities, on a monthly basis
- Support and coordinate regular risk reviews and maintain and update the risk register, and provide early warning of any emerging risks that could have impact on the project
- Assist with the preparation and costing of tenders, Estimate Change Proposals and Contract Change Proposals (CCP's)
- Manage the Lifecycle Management (LCM) processes and coordinate LCM reviews required for tenders or CCP's
- Coordinate and participate in all project review meetings
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A diploma or degree in Project Management, or related area, or relevant demonstrated project experience within the defence industry
- An understanding of cost account management and earned value management systems
- A detailed understanding of life cycle management and phase review processes
- Good communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate within and across the project environment, including external stakeholders
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
- Intermediate MS Office skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.