Procurement Officer | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your commercial acumen and negotiation skills in this new and dynamic role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join our team, in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales.
An attractive remuneration package is available, including ongoing mentoring programs and training plans to support your professional development and career progression. You will enjoy a flexible work-life balance whilst developing your career in a global company, with great opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Reporting to the Supply Support Manager, as the Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers, to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business; which, through effective relationship and performance management, maximise value and minimise risk.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Manage the procurement elements of bids and tenders
- Lead the supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations, on behalf of the business
- Lead supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements and purchase orders
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, and flow down of contract amendments
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective, developing and embedding the relevant key performance indicators
- Identify and manage supplier risks and opportunities, including those of supplier's supply chains
- Proactively engage with key suppliers to enhance capability and efficiency
- Provide support to the management of cross business commodities and subcontracts management
- Generate and manage the lifecycle management procurement plan and subcontract management plan
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree qualification in an engineering or commercial discipline – is desirable, along with demonstrated experience in procurement or supply chain, and a professional procurement qualification e.g. MCIPS – is also desirable
- Sound commercial acumen with a proven capability in negotiation
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer requirements
- Confident oral and written communication skills, with an ability to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- A results orientation, focusing on the key objectives and striving for effective outcomes
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.