Senior Business Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2019|
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Work with key stakeholders to influence strategic business solutions for key defence programs
- 12-month fixed term opportunity
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Business Analyst in our team based in the Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Senior Business Analyst to join our Information Management and Technology team.
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the clarification of business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques and planning analysis activities and identify external factors that will impact requirement
- Manage the requirements management process through eliciting, prioritising and influencing business or customer requirements for initiatives and projects spanning multiple or complex business domains to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business or customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse
- Analyse business or customer requirements to determine and justify innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, will meet business or customer goals and objectives, and deliver value to ensure alignment with architectural roadmaps
- Manage stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder needs
- Validate solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and business analysis techniques, and proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer
- Provide advice on future initiatives
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in an IT customer service role with demonstrated business analysis experience
- Experience in business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains
- Broad stakeholder communication skills (cross functional), strong customer focus able to utilise negotiation skills and manage potential conflicts
- Proficient skills in teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- A high level of commercial acumen and understanding of business value, and understanding of the issues the organisation faces
- The ability to interpret and clarify ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated business analysis skills, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Demonstrated experience analysing multiple complex business domains using a wide variety of business analysis techniques
- A high level of ability in validating solutions against customer needs and requirements
Whilst not essential, a degree in IT or engineering is highly regarded and an ITIL or Agile professional qualification or accreditation is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.