Foran Support Engineer | SA-Osborne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2019|
- Take on a new challenge building on your existing 3D CAD experience
- Supportive team environment, training opportunities unlimited opportunities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Foran Support Engineer on our Hunter Class Frigate Program team located in Osborne, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
Working as key member of a team of IT specialists, you will ensure the Hunter Class Frigate Program's Foran CAD system is successfully configured so that it can support it's shipbuilding requirements. Operating as part of a global team, you will actively seek information from the BAE Systems UK-based Foran support team to ensure that successful knowledge transfer to the Australian business is achieved. Overall, in this role, you will develop as an expert in the support, use and application of the Foran CAD system.
In terms of specific accountabilities, you will:
• Create and manipulate standard Foran components and models based on recommendations and agreements with associated projects
• Management of Foran Product Lifecycle Management Publishing
• Collate end-user feedback to develop and document processes and procedures to maximise the benefit from the Engineering tools
• Create and publish application user guides and process instructions
• Create and deliver training course materials
• Define software enhancement requirements
• Assess new versions of Foran provide feedback of any benefits to the business
• Create and execute test plans for new software versions
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Solid experience using and supporting 3D CAD systems, preferably Foran, on a large Engineering project
- Knowledge of ship design and build in any of the following disciplines: structure, layouts, mechanical or electrical
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
REMOVE IF NOT REQUIRED
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.