Subcontract Professionals x 3 - Hunter Class Frigate Program | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Sep-2019|
- Multiple subcontract roles available at a range of levels
- Excellent working conditions and benefits, newly created positions
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Play a pivotal role in the execution of the Hunter Class Frigate Program Supply Chain Management Plan, by leading the establishment and maintenance of strategic supplier relationships with Combat System OEMs, both within Australia and overseas.
This will include:
- Leveraging established relationships with Combat System OEMs to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Participation in the Hunter Class Combat Systems Integrated Project Team (IPT), whilst demonstrating inclusive behaviours.
- Contributing to strategy definition, planning and negotiating with subcontractors, ensuring alignment to Head Contract obligations and program objectives.
- Working within the IPT, proactively project manage the performance of the suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a cost, schedule, quality and Australian Industry capability perspective.
- Working with the Australian Industry Capability Team and OEMs to support the development of industry capability development business cases and maximum Australian industry involvement.
- Coordinate functional and subject matter expert input into supplier qualification, engagement, evaluation and management.
- Contribute to the proactive, effective and compliant management of complex export control requirements.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain to a minimum of NV1.
- Extensive experience in a procurement, supply chain or commercial role, preferably within a complex environment.
- Previous experience negotiating and managing contracts with complex contract terms.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to deal with key stakeholders at all levels.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Hunter Class.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.