Windchill Support Engineer | SA-Osborne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Aug-2019|
- New position with real career opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Windchill Support Engineer in our Information Management and Technology team located in Osborne, South Australia on our Hunter Class Frigate Program.
About the Opportunity
In this new program role, you will report to the Team Leader Business Systems Integration and be an integral member of a technical team of IT professionals who are responsible for supporting the integration and enhancement of Business Systems Tools. As the Windchill specialist, you will ensure that the software is integrated, supported and developed at an optimal level to meet the complex needs of our ship-building business.
Specifically, this will involve:
• Developing and documenting processes and procedures in conjunction with the end users to maximise the benefit of the Engineering tools
• Creating and maintaining user guides and process instructions
• Liasing with the project team to complete requirements definition documentation
• Creating and delivering training course materials
• Defining PDM software enhancement requirements.
• Providing input to business cases to support new developments
• Researching new versions of the software and provide recommendations on modifications to the existing product
• Creating and executing test plans for new software versions
• Identifying root cause of issues and developing resolution to software issues
• Supporting the interface from PDM system (Windchill) to CAD System (Foran)
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in using/supporting PDM systems, preferably Windchill, on a large Engineering project
- Solid experience in programming using Java
- Experience in Java Spring Framework, Java script and Oracle DB queries will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Speciliast.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.