Project Manager | NSW-North Ryde
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Project Lead_PD1568_.pdf (PDF, 182KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Develop your career working across multiple defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mid-Level Project Manager, based out of our North Ryde office.
About the Opportunity
You would join our Project Management Function supporting delivery projects of national significance. You will be accountable for the planning and delivery of straight forward projects or a collection of discrete tasks with defined scope, and of sufficient scale, that require the application of project management. This includes planning, monitoring and control using appropriate project management skills and tools to ensure project deliverable requirements are met, including technical, cost and schedule goals.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Liaise with the project's sponsor and/or customer
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are properly documented in a Business Case and/or Project brief, as appropriate and vigorously pursued
- Coordinate assigned project team members, ensure timely activity, integration and efficient use of time and resources to meet requirements
- Establish appropriate key success indicators and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Build and maintain key customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
- Maintain and improve relationships with all suppliers, contractors and internal stakeholders
- Develop schedules in Microsoft Project and/or OpenPlan Professional and manage projects using Earned Value methodologies
- Track and report progress and forecast final targets
- Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project parameters
- Complete all closure and wrap-up activities upon project completion including lesson learnt
- Contribute to business development activities including preparation of minor bids and campaigns
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree, diploma or post graduate qualification in Project Management
- Project management experience within a defence environment
- Proven track record of successful project delivery in terms of cost, schedule and performance using Earned Value methodologies
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills in order to work in a strong customer orientated environment
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate defence clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.