Project Engineering Manager - New Business | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your engineering management experience with a focus on future business
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
Based in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide, you will be responsible for delivering engineering outputs ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with all new bids, tenders and future business are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to deliver required business performance. In more specific terms you will:
- Ensure bids and projects have appropriate engineering resources in a timely manner to allow them to deliver their business objectives
- Develop robust work breakdown structures and ensure estimates are rigorously developed and reviewed
- Undertake planning and resourcing to ensure that the technical basis for project planning is established
- Develop and execute plans to ensure the business develops the capability and capacity it needs to deliver the longer term business strategy
- Maintain an assessment of the business's current engineering capability and capacity
- Ensure adherence to engineering cost and schedule commitments
- Identify and manage technical risk within the project and support the program with risk management reviews
- Act as a point of contact with customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution accordingly
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience within a similar role in an engineering discipline
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers, Australia
- Demonstrated interest in new business, bids and proposal development
- Experience on bids, ideally including any in the Higher Frequency Surveillance domain
- Exceptional leadership skills to provide leadership to a team and to small to mid- scale projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whist maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.