Subcontract Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Subcontract Manager in our JORN Phase 6 team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a Subcontract Manager, you will lead and mentor the team to manage major subcontracts through all aspects of the contract lifecycle.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support the Procurement and Subcontract Manager in all aspects of the contract lifecycle
- Negotiate and administer subcontracts, stakeholder management and associated reporting
- Drafting of contract documents including statements of work, schedules, and contract correspondence.
- Coordinate and support the resolution of contractual issues and disputes
- Proactively manage the performance of subcontractors against contract obligations and strategic performance measures
- Identify key issues, risks and suggestions for improvement across the subcontract supply chain and for the program
- Identify, cost, monitor and manage emerging risks appropriately
- Facilitate and manage working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Generate and maintain subcontract management plans
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree or higher qualification in a commercial/procurement or legal discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a contract management/administration role
- The ability to write effectively for various audiences, including the ability to report succinctly and accurately
- The ability to research, critically analyse, interpret and report upon contractual matters
- An understanding of liabilities, indemnities and insurances
- Good commercial and business acumen
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.