Manufacturing Electrical Support Engineering Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineer with our team in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide .
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a committed and savvy Team Leader who has extensive experience in manufacturing electrical support engineering.
You will manage a team of Engineers and technicians to provide efficient and timely engineering support to production, working on some very exciting future projects within our manufacturing facility.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Work closely with Design teams and Customers to develop strong stakeholder relationships
- Conduct Production rate analysis and provide detailed requirements for equipment, tooling and facilities for rate production
- Transition new products into production from Prototype through low-rate and full rate production ensuring that production capability is fully developed and customer MRL requirements are met.
- Provide Design For Manufacture (DFM) expertise for product design implementation to ensure products are producible
- Manage capital acquisition projects for plant/equipment required for production process, execute trade studies and develop business case that consider full cost of ownership and return on investment
- Manage Engineering Change Management Process and ensure correct technical baseline for all products
- Provide leadership on all aspects of Employee and Product Safety
- Manage technical governance framework regarding Engineering Policy, developing and maintaining competency requirements for staff required for all aspects of manufacturing
- Capable of fulfilling the requirements for Manufacturing Technical Authority (MTA)
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive Manufacturing Electrical Support Engineering experience
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience in Bid preparation, Costing , Scheduling and Continuous Improvement activities
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with the ability to build key relationships and influence stakeholders to generate business benefit
- Experience with Managing a team in a busy environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html