Senior Engineer - Product Configuration | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2019|
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Product Configuration Engineer with our Adelaide based Hunter Class Frigate Program team.
About the Opportunity
The Senior Product Configuration Engineer will co-ordinate and implement the Hunter Class Configuration through life Configuration and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, policies and supporting toolset. Assist in the development, deployment and ‘policing' of configuration business rules commensurate with each lifecycle phase.
Contribute in the co-ordination of product and process measurement, to ensure a fit for purpose solution and service is being delivered to the project team. You will also take the lead in analysing local business process to develop procedures, Information Management Technology solutions (in the form of requirement specifications) & training that ensures the overall configuration of product information is maintained.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Co-ordinate the implementation of appropriate business rules and controls for each phase of the product lifecycle and ensure required level of reporting is delivered for Config/ PLM stakeholders.
- Hunter Class through Life Data Management- Contribute to the execution of data management for the project through life, interfacing with stakeholders including the IM&T function. With specific emphasis on digital transfer of data.
- Be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of Hunter Class Configuration and PLM documentation. In particular the Product Configuration Management Plan. (Hunter Class PCMP)
- Be accountable (with the rest of the PLM Team) for the maintenance and ongoing coordination of a Project-wide class management solution and its implementation across applicable enterprise toolsets.
- Hunter Class Change Management - Contribute to the development of a fit for purpose Change process.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Knowledge of the key toolsets used across the project to implement Configuration/PLM particularly PTC's Windchill, SENER's FORAN and AVEVA ERM.
- Experienced in Configuration Management theory, discipline and delivery on complex product development programmes.
- Understanding of the role of configuration management in business performance on modern IT-supported product development programmes.
- Strong understanding of data and information management principles, including an ability to apply them pragmatically.
- Strong understanding of complex engineering product development lifecycles (Naval Ships preferred).
- Degree in engineering, scientific discipline or IT subject.
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations.
A defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either hold or have the ability to hold the required level of defence security clearance for this position.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.