Senior Engineer - BOM Integration | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2019|
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Bill of Materials Integration Engineer with our Adelaide based Hunter Class Frigate Program team.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Engineering Manager – Bill of Materials Integration, the Senior Engineer – Bill of Materials Integration will cover the role of Data Quality & Governance Analyst. The role will contribute to the designation; roll out, implementation and management of a standardised and measurable approach to Data Governance/Assurance across the Hunter Class product lifecycle.
In undertaking the role the successful candidate will build on the existing data governance / assurance framework to ensure the principles embodied within that framework are delivered to the programme.
This is a Knowledge Transfer Secondment role and as such the requirement will be for you to spend approximately 16 months in the UK, before returning to Adelaide to join the Hunter Class Frigate program in an ongoing permanent capacity.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in delivery of the Date Governance / Assurance framework to the Hunter Class Programme including the Naval Ships Business Glossary.
- Assist in the coordination of resources supporting and implementing Data Quality Management and Governance/Assurance initiatives including data owners and stewards.
- Assist in the development of measures for assessing the benefit to the business of data governance and assurance, periodically measuring the effectiveness and feeding it back to senior management.
- Ensure the delivery of data governance and assurance awareness and training across the business.
- Be responsible for maintaining Data Standards and Policies.
- Ensure that data standards / policies are being followed.
- Be responsible for maintenance of NS Business Glossary.
- Experience in implementing Data Governance and Assurance
- Experience in BoM integration.
- Experience in using BoM integration / Governance toolsets.
- Experience in complex Engineering Projects.
- Sound IT skills particularly MS Project; MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience in Data Quality Management / Governance in a similar sized organisation.
- Substantial engineering experience preferably in a shipbuilding or engineering environment.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate subject.
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations.
A current defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either hold or have the ability to hold the required level of defence security clearance for this position.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.