Software Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Have a positive impact in a high performing team on a leading defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Software Engineer to join our team in Canberra.
You will be responsible for software engineering related activities with the relevant project procedures and work instructions to achieve project technical, schedule and cost goals. With current primary focus on one of our key programs, you will be able to grow your experience and skills by working on a number of other key programs within our business.
In more specific terms you will:
- Assist with the analysis and troubleshooting software related of issues. This includes investigating and then problem solving to produce alternative solutions
- Develop and refine requirements through workshops, and manage those requirements.
- Assist with the design and development of functional specifications, development of software products and product upgrades
- Participate in testing and defect management in accordance with engineering processes.
- Maintain engineering and technical documents
- Help prepare technical presentations, discussions and workshops with our customers
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience within the Software Engineering discipline with good understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Experience in developing software across C# .Net and or Java languages
- Development experience under Windows environments
- A good understanding of Object Oriented design principles and concepts
- Experience using Agile and/or Waterfall approaches
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and customers at all levels
Whilst not essential, a tertiary qualification in Software Engineering or an ICT Engineering related degree would be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain NV1(Negative Vetting 1) clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.