Flight Systems Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your Mechanical / Flight Systems experience to support Aircraft Sustainment projects
- Relocation support could be offered for the right applicant
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
The Flight Systems Engineer will provide Mechanical / Flight Systems guidance to aircrew, maintenance and engineering staff as part of the in-service support of the Hawk 127 Lead In Fighter trainer based in our Newcastle NSW premises.
The position involves the exercise of engineering judgment within broad and often undefined parameters in the overall interests of the project, to be conducted in accordance with Defence Aviation Safety Regulations and to meet the agreed operational needs of the customer.
The role will cover both Part M and Part 21J activities.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Conduct technical investigation of problems emanating from the maintenance, logistics, or operating environment, with on-site aircraft and equipment test facilities available to assist in this process
- Develop, review and approve design tasks and provide support to the broader engineering team in delivering engineering solutions including system integration, upgrades, modifications, substitutions, repairs and design content associated with STI's and publications, relating to aircraft mechanical and flight systems within a delegated level of engineering authority
- Liaise with the RAAF, operators, maintainers, airworthiness authorities, OEM's both in Australia and abroad as appropriate to ensure design integrity
- Conduct technical information review determining applicability, defining any necessary action and embodiment implementation
- Ensure that the applicable aircraft and aircraft equipment remain technically acceptable to the Customer, by ensuring design standards are not compromised, that the equipment continues to conform to the authorised basis of certification and specifications of design requirements are authorised within such standards
- Provide professional development, mentoring and guidance to staff within the engineering team
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers, Australia
- Significant Aerospace Engineering background with particular knowledge of Mechanical and Flight Systems such as landing gear, hydraulics, propulsion systems, flight controls, environmental conditioning systems, oxygen generation and life support systems.
- Previous military aircraft, ideally Hawk 127 experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
- Aviation System Safety and Risk Analysis experience would be well regarded
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.