Linux Systems Administrator | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Aug-2019|
- Use your superior systems administration skills to make your mark on the Hunter Class Frigate Program
- Unprecedented opportunity to build your capablity and develop your career!
- Flexible work arrangements, supportive team environment, interesting work!
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Linux System Administrator in our Information Management and Technology (IM&T) team located in Osborne, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this new position, the you will operate as a part of a small cross-disciplined Infrastructure & Service Delivery team and will be responsible for the delivery, and operation of critical systems required by the Hunter Class Frigate Programme (HCFP).
This will include:
• Contributing to the design and architecture of the environment
• Using RHEL Satellite along with Puppet, to deploy, secure and operate RHEL (VMware) & OEL (Oracle VM Manager) VMs
• Undertaking System Administration operational tasks within the environment, including the ongoing patching, backups, responding to incidents, support tasks, configuration, monitoring and performance tuning
• Maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity strategies and systems in place to protect the ongoing availability of the systems
• Proactively identify system obsolescence, risks, and develop relevant roadmaps
• Undertaking out-of-standard-hours activity from time to time for high priority incidents and participate in an on-call roster
• Communicate with the wider BAE Systems Australia and HCFP stakeholders to proactively deliver on expected outcomes
• Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
• Contribute to and work within a change and systems governance management framework
• Contribute toward effective systems-based documentation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
• Formal qualification in a relevant ICT/Engineering field or equivalent experience in an IT customer service/technical role
• Demonstrated ability to manage and support relevant computing systems
• Significant experience in Linux Administration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, and performance tuning.
• Experience in deploying and securing Enterprise Linux systems
• Experience in maintaining Linux systems on a virtualised platform
• Knowledge of RHEL Satellite and CommVault will be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Oracle DBs and or Exadata will be advantageous
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.