Senior Systems Engineer | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2019|
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your valuable Systems Engineering contribution to a high performing team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Systems Engineer in our Wide Area Surveillance line of business. The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
About the Opportunity
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documents, component specifications and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Verify functional and performance requirements to systems and sub-systems and translate those requirements into a solution
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the systems and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge and enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests and ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- Independently review the engineering team's work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Provide engineering status and metrics reporting
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold and Australian Defence Clearance
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within an Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek- Talent Acquisition Lead Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.