Content Producer Design | SA-Pirie Street
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your extensive design and creative content production experience to this key communications role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts, as a Graphic Design & Content Producer in our Communications team in the BAE Systems Australia Head Office in the Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced designer and content creator who will be responsible for producing content to support our content and communications strategies. Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager Content, working within a team of content specialists in the Communications function, you will cultivate content ideas into creative concepts. You will design and produce inspiring, on-brand, fit for purpose content for our digital channels including Intranet, website, advertising and social media, as well as physical and print marketing mediums, including corporate stationery, brand, marketing and event collateral.
You will partner with the Communications team and the broader business to identify and creatively bring the stories of our people and the exciting projects we work on to life. The role will be conveniently located in the Adelaide CBD.
More specifically, you will:
- Conceptualize, design and produce content for internal & external communications, marketing, internal events and trade shows - including but not limited to:
- Brochures & white papers
- Static & interactive graphics as well as video & image based content to feed social media, website & Intranet content
- Corporate branded stationery, presentations, digital & physical signage
- EDM's and website banners
- Digital & print advertisements
- Internal & external event marketing collateral and stand/display graphics
- Writing short form copy for all afore mentioned channels and mediums
- Partner with the business to identify content/story opportunities
- Work with the Communications team and key internal business partners/stakeholders to identify content opportunities
- Ideate creative content concepts from storytelling opportunities you identify, or in response to content briefs from the business
- Prepare & present creative content concept proposals to the team & internal business stakeholders
- Brief content production within the team or to external content, design or marketing/advertising partner agencies
- Manage design assets and the content library
- Constantly work to maximise the corporate content ‘bank', finding innovative ways to re-purpose and leverage existing content for new stories
- Catalogue and maintain design and content assets for easily accessibility by the Communications function and the broader business, as required
- Be a guardian for the corporate brand and a business partner and champion for our Global Brand and Design Manager
- Be a key manager of and contributor to the content calendar by:
- Managing and prioritizing incoming content and design briefs/traffic from the communications team and broader business
- Scheduling and publishing content across traditional and digital channels including website, Intranet, social media, apps, e-newsletters, print collateral, event displays
- Analysing and reporting on content performance and continually optimising accordingly
- Leading content design production meetings
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Premier Pro, AfterEffects)
- Advanced photography and video capture, editing and post-production skills
- Relevant tertiary or business qualifications in design, marketing or communications
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of brand design for content marketing/corporate communications. You understand the digital communications landscape and stay abreast of the current trends in design and content development
- Experience in the development, delivery and ongoing management of design and branded content across a broad range of communications platforms within government or complex corporate or defence environment
- A passion for brand storytelling through content with a track record in developing creative content concepts and bringing them to life through design for effective campaigns
- Experience in writing short form copy for print, advertising, eNewsletters, social media and websites
- Experience using Hootsuite (or similar content publishing platform) and website and Intranet Content Management Systems
- Familiarity and understanding of the techniques required when working within large and complex organizations, influencing stakeholders both internally and externally
- You have a can-do attitude, energised by a fast-paced environment and a proven ability to manage competing priorities, projects and deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively within a corporate communications team placed across multiple locations
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate effectively to all stakeholders with great attention to detail
- Proven time management skills, including an ability to meet deadlines, ‘think on your feet' and prioritise in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- A strong results orientation, resilience and a positive approach to issues resolution
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.