Senior Engineer - Product Change | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Newly created role, work as part of a dynamic and engaging team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Engineer – Product Change in our ASC Shipbuilding team in Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created position and reporting to the Engineering Manager – Engineering Integration, part of your role will be to develop, implement and embed industry leading product change processes and capability across the Hunter Class lifecycle, additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify and develop enhancement to product change management on Hunter Class
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of product change management
- Apply business ,procedures, methods and systems to product change management
- Monitor and analyse Change Embodiment
- Identify and expedite Changes as required
- Assure and control the quality of product change activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Degree Qualified or relevant equivalent experience
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
- Good understanding of the Enterprise Product Life Management systems and applications used to design, build and support a complex warship
- Good understanding of the typical product data (and its lifecycle) generated for use by the project
- Qualification from a relevant Configuration Management accreditation organisation would be an advantage
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.