Commercial Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to apply your commercial acumen in a key role across a defence program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Commercial Manager in our Weapons Systems team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing commercial guidance and direction to the business, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations in relation to Weapons Systems projects.
More specifically you will:
- Manage relationships with internal/external customers and cross business/functional requirements
- Drive the implementation of commercial policies and practices including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of intellectual property, and the plan and management of Australian Industry Capability
- Attend and contribute to phase reviews, bid approval reviews and contract status reviews
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management plans as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification in a commercial, contracts, business management
- Significant experience in a commercial management position
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry and an understanding of AUSDEFCON, FARS and DFARS
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.