FIFO Electronics and Communications Technician | NT-Jindalee Mt Everard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2019|
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
We have a number of vacancies located at our Northern Territory and Western Australia Radar sites for qualified Electronics Technicians to work on interesting and complex surveillance systems on a fly in fly out (FIFO) basis.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
Joining us will see you working as a member of a skilled team who provide support for the operations, maintenance and development of this unique radar. The work is interesting, technically challenging and above all, rewarding. The work our team does, contributes to the Defence of Australia.
About the opportunity
As part of our Fly in/ Fly out team you will work in shifts of 15 days on (including 2 travel days) and 13 days off. During your 15 days on you will have accommodation, three meals a day and all travel provided.
We are have two positions available. One at our Radar 3 site in Alice Springs, Northern Territory where you can fly out from various locations including Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide and the other is at our Radar 2 site which is located in Laverton, WA. At this site you can fly out of Perth only.
Staff at the JORN Radar 3 and Radar 2 Sites are responsible for the ongoing support for operations, maintenance and development of the Radar sites for the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network (JORN).
The communications technician shall have demonstrated ability to work within a team of personnel operating and maintaining an OTHR whilst working on a continuing shift rotation, supporting new and existing equipment in a Defence operational environment
Some Key Responsibilities include;
- Be responsible to the Site Maintenance Lead for the ongoing support and performance of equipment at the Radar 3 or Radar 2 site
- Carry out technical support for the radar and associated systems in accordance with the Maintenance Management Plan and subordinate documents.
- Fulfil all the requirements of an Authorised Tradesperson under the Authorised Maintenance Contractor (AMC) structure
- Perform planned maintenance activities
- Perform operational level maintenance
- Complete all fault reporting requirements
- Carry out rectification of deficiencies and defects within the site systems
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Site Leads
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of high power RF and/or digital control systems equipment
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of receivers, antenna and associated control systems
- Qualified Technician
- Certificate III or relevant experience in an electronic/computer systems or related field
- Have experience using a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Proven ability in the maintenance of RF systems and digital control systems, with good experience and understanding of software control systems
- Capable of rapid understanding of frequently changing equipment and the development of procedures necessary to support existing and newly introduced equipment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.