Commercial Officer | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Officer, in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
Reporting to the Commercial and Procurement Manager, as the Commercial Officer, you will establish, maintain and manage the relationship pipeline between customers, the BAE Systems business, Weapons Systems project teams and supply chain, to deliver outcomes that exceed customer expectations, optimise business outcomes, and enhance supply chain performance. You will provide commercial leadership, guidance and advice to support bid preparation and the execution of business opportunities, including assisting in negotiations and commercial strategy development.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to project manager(s) and the business unit on all commercial issues
- Administer contracts in accordance with company procedures and liaise with customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Prepare contract amendments and contract change proposals
- Review, approve and negotiate confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Assist in the preparation of negotiation strategies and negotiation of bids and proposals
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, insurance, financial and export compliance matters
- Manage the commercial activities including identification of risks and liabilities and associated mitigation plans, to ensure delivery of required outcomes on bids and projects
- Set in place licences and agreements in accordance with import/export requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification (commerce, law, business management, engineering, or project management) preferred, along with demonstrated commercial experience, ideally in a defence industry environment
- An ability to operate and think strategically, and adapt solutions to meet customer requirements
- Identified opportunities for innovation and new ideas to be explored and adopted to drive increased value for customers and the wider business
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to be able to influence across all organisational levels, in a way that generates business benefit, whilst maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.