Principal Support Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Principal Support Manager in our team based at Woolloomooloo in Sydney.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Support Manager to join our team. As the Principal Support Manager, you will be responsible for leading a coordinated and integrated effort of Defence and private sector organisations and personnel to deliver transactional and strategic supply support.
You will have forward-thinking principles and ideas and embrace a continuous improvement culture that focuses the organisation on life cycle management and a through life reduction in cost of ownership.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Leading the establishment and ongoing management of the Authorised Support Organisation (ASO) and the design and delivery for sustainability.
- Planning and implementing the delivery of both near-term support and long-term strategic objectives.
- Delivering supply support in a diverse interdisciplinary environment, and ensuring appropriate stakeholder involvement.
- Developing a project-specific plan that identifies the activities required to introduce new capability into service, and to prepare for transition from acquisition to full in-service capability.
- Delivery of dedicated contracting and financial management competencies.
- Managing Project risks and Program performance.
- Focusing all organisational relationships on delivering the specified supply capability within the approved cost and schedule.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, logistics and materials management including previous role in leading and managing a team.
- Ability to form strong working relationships in a multi project environment, with major suppliers and their supply chains.
- Ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Sound commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in negotiating.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to solve problems and resolve issues of a complex nature.
- Ability to act as a self-starter with limited close supervision.
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Tertiary qualifications in business management and/or logistics management would be highly desirable.
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.