Project Planning and Controls Manager - Combat Systems | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your niche expertise on a long term international project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Planning and Controls Manager in our Combat Systems team on the Hunter Class program.
The role will initially be based in Flinders St, Adelaide CBD before moving in 2020 to the Osborne Shipyard.
About the Opportunity
As the Project Planning and Controls Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the development from Concept of Operations through to maintenance of the project-planning baseline, whilst providing appropriate performance analysis to support informed decision making within the Combat Systems area.
In terms of more specific responsibilities you will:
- Implement the Concept of Operations for the Planning and Controls team, in conjunction with the Head of Project Management Office
- Manage the establishment and maintenance of the Contract Work Breakdown Structure Level 2 Project schedule and cost account detailed schedules, work package level budgets and Earned Value techniques
- Work with a geographically dispersed team to integrate the Combat Systems schedule into the overall Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) schedule
- Lead and support the development of the Project Planning and Controls team
- Support contributions to reporting, internal reviews, phase reviews, integrated baseline reviews (IBR), internal audits, customer reviews and external reviews
- Manage the delivery of Earned Value Management project reporting and analysis data to the project, the HCFP program, and the customer on a monthly basis
- Proactively develop and maintain a suite of metrics showing the projects performance and health
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in delivering an integrated schedule
- Demonstrated capability in driving and supporting decisions on different levels, through the information and analysis driven out from the schedule and associated metrics.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration and analysis of cost, schedule, scope and risk in an Earned Value Management based project environment
- Experience using Primavera 6 will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in the administration and analysis of cost, schedule, scope
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills with high self-motivation
- The ability to lead a team with a culture of information sharing, innovative problem solving, and open and exploratory discussions
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane – Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.