Service Desk Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
We are seeking to appoint a committed IT Service Desk Officer to join our Information, Management and Technology (IM&T) team situated at our Edinburgh Parks location in Adelaide. This key role will report to the Service Desk Lead and will be offered on an 6 month fixed term and full time basis. There is the potential for the contract to be extended further or for the position to be made permanent.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide front line services to staff including monitoring resolution activity and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service resolution
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Liaise with IM&T staff and customers at all levels in order to provide a high level of customer service
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls
- Effectively handle incident reports, prioritising where necessary
- Deliver communications relating to service delivery issues to the business or customer
- Install and configure desktop hardware and software in a network environment
- Create and maintain support process instructions and support documentation
- Assist with hardware loan pool and ad hoc IM&T projects
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A passion for working in IM&T and a keen eye for innovation
- A diploma level qualification in Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline or previous experience supporting a Windows environment
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft Windows desktop applications, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems in a network environment and support call stack management
- Strong communication and customer services skills coupled with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment
- The ability to monitor, manage and prioritise work load and competing tasks
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.