Design Assurance Support | SA-Flinders Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Mar-2020|
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
This position is particularly focused on developing the right early to mid-career candidate and instilling in them the unique knowledge and expertise required to be an authority on the combat systems assurance aspects of a cutting edge digital ship building program.
This position is also an opportunity to influence in the early design phase how the Hunter Class Frigate Program implements world leading engineering principles and techniques. This implementation is a key enabler in the delivery of both a formidable anti-submarine capability and also a sovereign ship building industry within Australia which is able to apply the methods to future projects in the decades to come.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Design Assurance Support engineer in our ASC Shipbuilding team, initially based at ADELAIDE CBD, then moving to OSBORNE NAVAL SHIPYARD.
About the Opportunity
You will act under the direction of the Hunter Class Combat System (CS) Design Authority in support of assurance and certification of the Hunter CS. Additional responsibilities include:
- Development, application and monitoring of a Hunter Engineering Framework to assist engineering teams in their development of the Hunter CS product
- Supporting the delivery of a design that is compliant with the appropriate laws and regulations
- Managing the recording and reporting of Hunter CS development metrics and briefings to senior management
- Preparing Suitably Qualified Engineering Personnel assessments of engineers within the Hunter CS organisation
- Supporting the conduct of Design Reviews
- Gathering evidence to support the CS Design Certificate
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of technical competence
- Degree in engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
- Background in Naval Combat Systems
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Management and Engineering Lifecycles, Systems Engineering processes and techniques
- Excellent customer stakeholder management
- An understanding of design, manufacturing, assembly, commissioning, integration and testing
- Professional knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes of practice
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
ITAR are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.