Project Administrator | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Aug-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Administrator with our team based at Cairns in Queensland.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the Project Administrator's role is responsible for the provision of administrative activities within specific areas to support the effective operations of the Hydrographic In Service Support Project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertake clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, document binding, process incoming and outgoing mail, file correspondence and maintain correspondence register.
- Manage and administer Corporate Card including acquittals.
- Assist with special administrative projects as requested.
- Provide reception duties when required.
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail from the BAE Inbox.
- Coordinate servicing and cleaning of vehicles and other duties as directed.
- Arranging and booking travel, accommodation and car hire for employees or visitors as directed.
- Purchasing office supplies including ordering stationery, equipment and amenities.
- Support security requirements by ensuring visitors and staff access the building in accordance with policy and procedural requirements.
- Conduct office inductions for new employees.
- Coordinating the bookings for the conference/meeting rooms.
- Co-ordinate meetings and take minutes, record actions from meetings and maintain meeting agendas as required.
- Supporting with the preparation of events, functions (organising venues, catering etc).
- Develop appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of work for the team.
- File management and archiving activities and ad-hoc administration duties.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience providing Project Administration support within a corporate project environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional customer engagement ability
- Sound computer literacy skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong motivation with excellent time management skills and strong team focus
- A flexible approach to work.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.