Project Analyst | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2019|
- Seeking high level critical thinking and analytical skills to impact and influence
- Reporting and metrics focus with opportunities for career development
- Supportive team culture and flexible work arrangements
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Support Analyst in our Hunter Class Frigate Program's Australian Industry Capability team based initially in Adelaide's CBD before moving to the Osborne shipyard in 2020.
About the Opportunity
As the AIC Project Support Analyst, you will support the Australian Capability Manager in monitoring and reporting on the Hunter Class AIC & Continuous Naval Shipbuilding (CNS) program.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) is a $39 billion (AUD) program to establish a sovereign naval shipbuilding capability in Australia on the back of producing nine Anti-Submarine Warfare Frigates at Techport in Adelaide, South Australia. HCFP is a complex program that compromises two major components: A shipbuilding and operations team whose focus is on working with the commonwealth to establish a shipbuilding capability; and the HCFP ship design and development team. The HCFP ship design and development team is made up of two major delivery streams: Platforms Systems and Combat Systems.
More specifically, you will:
- Establish all reporting frameworks and data collection methods
- Liaise with all parts of the Hunter Class team (in particular the Supply Chain, Project Management and Operations teams) to develop, collect and analyse performance data relevant to Australian Industry Capability and Continuous Naval Shipbuilding objectives and prepare associated reports
- Prepare KPI and other regular Australian Industry Capability reporting requirements
- Provide support to the management of the Australian Industry Capability baseline (e.g. plans, schedule, Local Industry Activity (LIA)) and methodical implementation of approved changes
- Investigate, collect and analyse all Industry data in support of the Australian Industry Capability team
- Prepare and deliver Australian Industry Capability deliverables and reports
- Support Australian Industry Capability change management processes
- Maintain Australian Industry Capability performance baseline
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Well-developed analytical, numerical, problem solving and administrative skills
- An ability to see patterns, trends, or missing pieces
- An ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside your immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.