Test and Integration Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Test and Integration Engineer in our team based at Edinburgh Parks in Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
Join the Wedgetail In Service Support (ISS) team and provide engineering support to Electronic Support Measures (ESM) and Electronic Warfare Self Protection (EWSP) subsystems.
As a result of the growth within our business, we are currently seeking an experienced Test and Integration Engineer to join our team. As a Test and Integration Engineer working within the Weapons Systems domain you will be responsible for conducting all test & integration engineering related activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions.
The Test & Integration Engineer may be asked to provide leadership through the provision of mentoring to junior team members. This person is responsible for the delivery of an integrated system to the system test team.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertake system requirements analysis of test systems.
- Participate in requirements reviews for the product and the test systems.
- Manage System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain acceptance test plans, procedures and reports.
- Undertake test and integration tasks to confirm the design of the system and early identification of problems.
- Utilise test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience working in Electronic Warfare, Radar or other related domain.
- Experience in the qualification, integration and validation phases of product design and development.
- Familiarity with the use of IBM DOORS for requirements and test management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.