Software Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer in our team based at Edinburgh Parks in Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team. As a Software Engineer working within the Weapons Systems domain you will be involved in the development and testing of a control GUI software solution for a motion tracking/hardware system, including real time image processing and involving multiple optical sensors.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Accountability for the delivery of development and testing of a control GUI for a motion tracking/hardware system
- The Software Engineer will be required to support HIL activities as needed.
- Where appropriate, identify and exercise Software Engineering reuse opportunities.
- Undertake all assigned Software Engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards.
- Develop Software Engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Provide regular status information to the relevant Team Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required.
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to interface to and reuse of developed software components.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for the improvement of Software Engineering practices.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Strong previous experience in developing software solutions using C++, Visual Studio scripting language and development tool.
- Previous demonstrated experience in the development of UIs & GUIs for multiple screen applications.
- Experience with Cross-platform software development.
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline.
- Exposure to multiple software development lifecycle phases.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing.
- Demonstrate sound communication skills.
- Demonstrated Initiative and Problem Solving Skills.
- The ability to assist in identifying and implementing improvements to Software Engineering practices within the project.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance
Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering or Technology are also a prerequisite for this position.
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.