Technical and Training Officer - Electronics | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity to work in an industry leading culture and gain exposure to a trusted Defence company with diverse projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Technical and Training Officer – Electronics in our team in Portsmith, QLD.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Supportability Engineering Team Lead you will:
- Prepare training material and update as configuration changes take effect
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice to Hydrographic System Program Office, ship's staff, contractor staff and sub-contractors on all Hydrographic Survey systems, Navigation systems, Communications systems and Engine control systems.
- Conduct induction training
- Seek out new experiences and opportunities to learn within own ILS environment
- Maintain the integrity of the Technical Library
- Provide support to the Configuration officer
- Conduct specialist research in the support of obsolescence management
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Relevant Diploma of Engineering/Trade qualification in Electronics discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience as Electronics Systems Maintainer
Experience in an instructional/trainer role and/or a Cert IV in Training and Assessment and/or an understanding of Royal Australian Navy systems will be considered favourably but is not essential.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.