Supply Support Officer | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your attention to detail and organisational skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Supply Support Officer, in our team in Cairns, Queensland.
Reporting to the Supply Team Lead, as the Supply Support Officer you will be responsible for receiving and warehousing all BAE Systems project inventory and overhead deliveries, in accordance with company standard procedures and respective customer service agreements. This role encompasses repairable material processing, reporting, purchase order creation, material coordination project work, and all aspects of material management and logistics. Also, a key responsibility of this position is supply support, in accordance with the defence Engineering Supply Chain Manual, to satisfy obligations in our contracted use of Military Integrated Logistics Information Systems (MILIS).
In more specific terms, your responsibilities, will be:
- Receiving - receipting deliverables into the database, inspecting, delivering, processing and recording into appropriate databases
- Warehousing and supply support - processing work order kitting requirements, work orders, inventory adjustment advice forms, transfers, returns, stores requisitions, and recording the inventory movement data
- Inventory control - ensuring all materials are received, warehoused, and issued in accordance with their respective expiry dates, generating weekly statistics, undertaking periodic date integrity checks, outward loan reviews, and quarantine store reviews
- Operate a forklift
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A certificate in Warehouse or Procurement; a certificate in MILIS; Hazardous and Dangerous Goods Certification; and a forklift licence, along with demonstrated experience in a similar role in a defence environment
- An ability to interact and effectively communicate with colleagues and customers within and outside of your immediate team to implement operational and business requirements
- Well-developed numeracy and literacy skills
- An ability to problem solve and investigate stock/inventory/order issues and provide solutions
- Oracle experience is preferred, but not essential
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.