Electricians | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent employee benefits and opportunities for career progression
- Enjoy a flexible and innovation focused company with a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Apply your electrical experience and join our team based in Henderson WA. In this role, you will be responsible for the safe installation and maintenance of wiring and electrical equipment across the site.
Other responsibilities will see you:
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical systems and equipment
- Carry out fault finding on electrical systems and equipment to identify hazards, defects and rectify in accordance with company procedures and industry standards
- Installation of cable management including trays, ladders and conduits
- Rip out, pull in and banding of various electrical cable types
- Report hazards and defects to management as required
- Assist with training and mentoring apprentices
- Ensure activities are safely conducted in accordance with company and industry standards
- Complete all other electrical activities as directed by the Supervisor
As an ideal applicant, you'll have:
- Western Australian ‘A' Grade Electrical Licence
- Construction Industry Blue/White Card
- Solid electrical experience within a heavy industrial, commercial or marine environment
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings and diagrams
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, good timekeeping and a flexible attitude
- Commitment to safe work and following company policies and procedures
Whilst not essential, previous experience working on Navy vessels and a structured cabling licence would be highly desirable.
Applications should be addressed to Sinead Booth – Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Friday 23rd August 2019.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.