Detail Scheduler | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Nov-2019|
We have come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it is inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
As the Detail Scheduler, you will establish and coordinate production activity within the established Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system, between the project and manufacturing in pursuit of the agreed deliverable milestones at our Henderson (WA) site.
In more specific terms you will:
- Develop and maintain level 5/6 detail production schedule as per installation work package, work instructions and job cards
- Manage weekly schedule progress, phasing with production inputs and providing schedule analysis including risk, negative and positive schedule variances
- Manage weekly baseline updates, including new engineering changes, maintenance tasks and growth work, providing project schedule analysis impact
- Ensure the sales order schedule meets the project milestone dates
- Authorise assembly and integration work centre activities through the release of work orders in alignment with project cost codes and agreed production schedule
- Liaise with Team Leads for the release of work orders in line with available resources
- Coordinate and prioritise material requirements and expedite when required
- Manage all adjustments and amendments to material lists to maintain product traceability
- Review all planned work and determine validity, accuracy, and assist the project planners to determine priorities if conflicting requirements occur
- Manage the stock control between multiple projects
- Compile and maintain product status reports and problems affecting schedule
- Generate a forward load estimate against all assembly and integration work centres, to support labour resource planning
- Provide project reporting, data analysis and schedule input into any change management
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in project management or trade related discipline
- Demonstrated production scheduling experience
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing capabilities (process technologies and related business information systems), preferably within the Defence or Maritime environment
- Intermediate to advanced skills in P6, EVM, MS Office, particularly in Excel
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders and work closely in collaboration with projects and function
- Well-developed self-management skills and ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
Applications should be addressed to Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.