Senior Technical Officer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2019|
SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Demonstrate your superior technical ability in this interesting role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Technical Officer in our team in Canberra.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Site Supervisor you will:
- Be responsible for the support of satellite and other communication equipment
- Conduct Deeper Maintenance (DM) to the component level
- Perform Electronic fault finding to component level
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors as required for the successful support and maintainability of various equipment
- Review and maintain technical documentation, produce technical publications and test procedures
- Perform reverse engineering of technical equipment as required
- Conduct field engineering and maintenance on customer equipment as necessary
- Provide or be able to provide Subject Matter Guidance in relation to Engineering, Maintenance & fitted Equipment
- Assist and liaise with other BAE Systems project authorities in relation to their pursuits for/on behalf of the customer
- Support the Operation of the 24/7 Helpdesk as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- An advanced Diploma in Electronics/Communications Engineering or relevant trade qualification
- Significant experience in Electronics/Communications maintenance discipline
- Must be willing and be able to work on a rotating, 24 hour / 7 days per week roster
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy with knowledge of spread sheets, word processing and database management
Cert II in Information Technology and/or defence industry experience will be considered favourably but is not essential.
Applicants must hold current Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1) security clearance and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR)
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.