Project Manager, ISS | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team in delivering in service support for the Nulka project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Manager in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
To meet planned growth within the organisation, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead a team of 25 direct reports from diverse disciplines, in achieving assigned projects in accordance with contractual and company requirements.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be accountable for all aspects of project deliverable compilation and review leading to successful project review activity
- Ensure that products and services delivered as part of a project are in accordance with the Product Safety Policy and provide customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all members of the project team are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to product safety
- Carry out project reviews as required to meet project and internal company review requirements
- Act as a focal point for teaming and supplier/subcontract discussions
- Build and maintain customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
- Identify, report and monitor project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases
- Provide direction to, and motivate, the project team on a daily basis
- Report on project performance and issues at the business unit reviews
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project management within an engineering organisation
- Experience managing projects in different stages of the project management lifecycle
- Demonstrated leadership experience, specifically in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- The ability to understand and problem solve technically complex issues
- An interest in learning and developing own capabilities
- The ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences
Whilst not essential, an engineering related degree will be advantageous.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Brenna Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.