Project Accountant | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Exciting opportunity to progress your accounting career in a world class project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Project Accountant in our team working in Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created position, you will get an opportunity to work in the Hunter Class Frigate program, a world class project mainly overseeing and maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate planning and decision making.
More specifically you will:
- Manage the accrual process and prepare journal for project accruals and adjustments
- Prepare and review reconciliation process between the project and general ledger and liaise with project controls group on ledger issues
- Prepare the project annual budget, quarterly re-forecast and monthly rolling forecasts
- Operate, maintain and improve budgeting and forecasting processes for the project and prepare the fortnightly project cash flow submission.
- Provide detailed, accurate and relevant reporting and commentary by the specified deadlines on forecasts, budget and cash flow to the project team, central finance group and corporate staff
- Assist with Oracle queries from the project and prepare financial report and month end reports
- Improve processes to calculate accurate, timely and efficient reporting of the financial results for the project
- Provide financial inputs and commentary to monthly reports and oversee maintenance and monitoring of ongoing billing processes including incorporating changes from contract change proposals
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree and CPA/CA qualification with previous demonstrated experience in finance role
- Good communication skill coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to implement business requirement
- Sound knowledge of Australian accounting standards and Australian international framework of reporting standards coupled with high literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise activities to meet finance deadlinesIntermediate MS office skills is essential and exposure to Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.