Personal Assistant | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Administration & Customer Service|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent stakeholder and communication skills
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Personal Assistant, in our team based in Canberra, ACT.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, as the Personal Assistant, you will be responsible for the confidential and effective administrative support to the Senior Management members, whilst coordinating office activities.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Conduct general administration and clerical duties, including diary management, and the weekly whereabouts of the team
- Receive and process internal and external mail
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, including catering, preparation of agendas, minutes, presentations, and reports
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for the Senior Management members
- Reconcile monthly actual figures against budget/forecast for overhead accounts and investigate discrepancies
- Coordinate the timely completion of credit card statements and reconciliations by the card holders
- Arrange conference facilities for offsite meetings, conferences and gatherings
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of a confidential administrative service for an Executive Manager/Team, including experience in coordinating office activities
- Previous experience in arranging domestic, interstate and overseas travel, preparing itineraries and accommodation requirements
- Experience in coordinating arrangements for meetings, conferences and official functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to recognise and deal discreetly with sensitive matters and demonstrate integrity of the highest order
- An ability to anticipate needs and determine appropriate actions and strategies
- An ability to prioritise and work effectively under tight deadlines, with effective time management skills and a can-do approach
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.