Commercial Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to enhance your commercial experience in an exciting and versatile projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced, motivated and thorough Commercial Officer in our team working at Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created position, you will get an opportunity to support the commercial function and provide commercial support within defined delegations to assist the project teams to effectively manage on-going projects and win new business.
You will work closely with the Commercial Manager to establish, maintain and manage relationships between customers, the BAE Systems business and internal project teams, seeking to deliver outcomes that exceed customer expectations and optimize business outcomes.
More specifically you will
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts ensuring the compliance with company procedures
- Provide advice and assistance to project/commercial managers and line of business stakeholders on commercial issues
- Liaise with customers on contractual matters, and initiate resolution of commercial issues
- Prepare and maintain contract documents, contract amendments and contract change proposals
- Review customer communications, maintain records, and prepare internal reports
- Liaise with Finance to ensure that all order intakes are registered, invoices raised and payment received
- Coordinate management reviews, and approval of bids and proposals
- Administer import/export requirements of allocated projects, including but not limited to International Traffic In Arms Regulations and Australian Defence Export Control
- Review non-disclosure and other agreements and assist the Commercial Manager in preparation of request for bid approval review packs
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A Degree qualification (or studying) in commerce, law or business management (preferred)
- Demonstrated commercial experience, or experience in a related discipline, with an ability to work effectively under tight deadline as a part of small team with minimum supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and from a range of disciplines
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills with an ability to identify “exception' details in documents, reports and propose correction
- A high degree of motivation and initiative along with a well organised, thorough and professional approach
- Advance PC skills and Intermediate MS office skills is essential with an ability to use initiative to deliver timely, quality and cost effective outputs
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance at a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) level
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.