Accountant - Decision Support | SA-Pirie Street
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Excellent career progression opportunties for qualified accounting professional
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced and motivated Management Accountant in our team working at Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this position, you will be responsible for the delivery of the corporate overhead allocation activities including preparation of costing and pricing rates across the organization, as well as provide financial support for overhead functions
More specifically you will
- Own the overhead allocation process including the preparation of all allocation models, compilation of all cost drivers and provision of commentary and analysis to the business
- Prepare direct labour, on-costs and overhead rates for all BAE Systems including consolidation of all supporting information for the annual financial investigation audit.
- Prepare, the management board monthly dashboard report
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the management board monthly dashboard report
- Consolidate and prepare business cases for submission to the internal investment board providing a review and challenge to ensure they are in line with company strategy
- Key finance support for overhead functions including preparation of monthly management reports, forecasts as well as preparation of annual budgets and five year strategic plans.
- Assist to develop financial models to support cost base analysis and undertake special projects with the scope of the role objective
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification and ideally be CPA/CA qualified (or studying towards) with demonstrated experience in management accounting or public practice environment
- A high level of interpersonal communication skill with an ability to critically analyse, interpret and question the financial results
- An ability to embrace change, take ownership of the task coupled with high level of literacy and numeracy skill is required
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to apply the highest degree of accuracy is essential
- A high level of personal integrity, maturity, initiative and discretion
- Proficiency in the use of oracle, excel, word and hyperion
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women.If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.